Kingston, New York –Seed Song Farm and Center will present Maple Tapping Weekends, taking place at Seed Song Farm, 160 Esopus Avenue on February 24th, March 3rd, March 16th, March 24th, 11AM-3PM. The kick-off to these events on February 24th will be a special Kingston Black History Month Maple event.
Seed Song Farm and Center is proud to present another year of entertaining and educational Maple Sugaring Events! These events feature a tour of the sugaring process where families can participate in the following activities learn about the history of the connection between humans and the Maple Tree’s:
–Maple Art: Kids and adults can unleash their creativity in the greenhouse by decorating wooden medallions with expressions of gratitude for trees
–Listen to an indigenous tale of maple sugaring, and hang the art medallions on a maple tree.
-Tap a Maple Tree: Learn the fascinating process of tapping maple trees and extracting sap.
–Sap Boiling and Bottling: participate in the transformation of sap into delicious syrup through the boiling process
– Cultural History: Explore the rich cultural history surrounding maple syrup production.
– Pancake and Farm Fresh Meal: Indulge in pancakes with syrup or an entire mouthwatering meal featuring pancakes and farm-fresh ingredients (available for a separate fee).
– Live Music: Enjoy the vibrant tunes that complement the festive atmosphere.
– Dress Warm: As this event takes place outdoors, we recommend dressing warmly to fully enjoy the experience.
– Meal for Separate Fee: While admission covers access to the activities, pancakes, maple beverages and farm-fresh meal are an additional cost
Regular- $10 Pay-it-forward-$15 Low income $7
Children 12 and under
Regular-$6 Pay-It-Forward- $10 Low Income- $4
Families (6 people or less)
Regular- $30. Pay-It-Forward- $45 Low Income- $20