74 John St.
The Persen House, named after its longest resident Matthewis Persen (1739-1819) and owned by Ulster County since 1914, has undergone extensive restoration since emergency repairs in 1999 revealed its historical significance. A Historic Structure Report discovered that it was built in five phases from 1661 to 1922. The house has witnessed the entire history of Kingston and even pre-dates the formation of Ulster County.
For further information about this and other outreach programs of the Ulster County Clerk’s Office please call County Clerk Nina Postupack at 845-340-3040
- A Fingerprint on History - 07/19/2019 - 9:00 am-4:30 pm
- A History of the Delaware & Hudson Canal - 07/19/2019 - 9:00 am-4:30 pm
- Gysbert's Inventory: A Reflection of 1665 Dutch Life - 07/19/2019 - 9:00 am
- Pieces of the Past: Ceramic Artifacts from the Persen House Archaeological Dig - 07/19/2019 - 9:00 am-4:30 pm
- A Fingerprint on History - 07/20/2019 - 9:00 am-4:30 pm