74 John St.
The Persen House, named after its longest resident Matthewis Persen (1739-1819) and owned by Ulster County since 1914, has undergone extensive restoration since emergency repairs in 1999 revealed its historical significance. A Historic Structure Report discovered that it was built in five phases from 1661 to 1922. The house has witnessed the entire history of Kingston and even pre-dates the formation of Ulster County.
For further information about this and other outreach programs of the Ulster County Clerk’s Office please call County Clerk Nina Postupack at 845-340-3040
- Kingston in World History Lecture by Dr. Thomas Mounkhall - 05/31/2020 - 1:00 pm-2:30 pm
- Kingston Parks & Recreation Summer Programs Information Session - 06/06/2020 - 10:00 am-4:00 pm
- Society for Creative Anachronism presents Life in the Middle Ages - 06/13/2020 - 10:00 am-4:00 pm
- "Elverhoj Arts & Crafts Colony of Milton-on-Hudson, 1913-1935" A Presentation by Ulster County Historical Society - 06/20/2020 - 10:00 am-4:00 pm
- Colonial Game Days at the Persen House - 06/27/2020 - 12:00 am