74 John St.
The Persen House, named after its longest resident Matthewis Persen (1739-1819) and owned by Ulster County since 1914, has undergone extensive restoration since emergency repairs in 1999 revealed its historical significance. A Historic Structure Report discovered that it was built in five phases from 1661 to 1922. The house has witnessed the entire history of Kingston and even pre-dates the formation of Ulster County.
For further information about this and other outreach programs of the Ulster County Clerk’s Office please call County Clerk Nina Postupack at 845-340-3040
- Hurley Heritage Society at Persen House - 08/15/2020 - 10:00 am-4:00 pm
- Don Terpening, Revolutionary War Medical Re-enactor - 08/22/2020 - 10:00 am-4:00 pm
- Fragmented & Forgotten: Tracing the Tannery Brook by Emily Vail - 08/29/2020 - 11:00 am-3:00 pm
- Fragmented & Forgotten: Tracing the Tannery Brook by Emily Vail - 09/05/2020 - 11:00 am-3:00 pm
- Uptown Kingston and Kingston Post Office Exhibit Sampling by Stephen Blauweiss - 09/05/2020 - 11:00 am-3:00 pm