Date(s) - Mon, Jul 11, 2022
11:00 am-12:30 pm
Wall and N. Front St.
About this event
Qi Gong has foundations in Taoism and Chinese cosmology. It’s an ancient internal martial art and the origin of all martial arts. The goal of the practice is to unite movement with breath in order to connect with our center. Through movements and breath work to create optimal function, we develop a familiarity with our inner world which transforms and amplifies our peace + power in the outer world. In Chinese medicine, they say the lungs regulate the Qi, in which we create a symbiotic relationship with.
HOW TO PREPARE
- Do your absolute best to get a good night’s sleep the night before!
- Wear loose fitting clothes to be able to move easily + comfortably in
- Try to avoid drinking coffee before this class. *Not drinking the morning coffee serves as an experiment to see where your baseline energy is at, as well as an exploration of how your energy could shift throughout the day with the addition of this practice
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Length of class: 1 hour + 15 minutes
- ALL LEVELS (beginners welcome): simple movements that align with the inhalation and exhalation of the breath
- To actually experience more energy after the session
- Water provided