https://kingstonhappenings.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Identifying-Invasive-Species-web.png 300 460 anonymous https://kingstonhappenings.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Final-KH-Logo.png anonymous2023-04-14 12:01:192023-04-20 01:16:20Identifying Invasive Species
Identifying Invasive Species
Join Luke Sarrantonio to identify invasive species, learn how to control them, and ways we can utilize them when they are present. The workshop will look at how these plant invaders impact ecology and biodiversity, fungi and mycorrhizal networks, and the benefits of using native plants. We will also look at what you can do to use these plants as you are removing them.
This program will be held at the Snyder Estate located at 668 NY-213 in Rosendale. Please bring work/gardening gloves if you have them as well as clippers. Please dress for the weather. We will meet just in front of the Widow Jane Mine.
Among the species we will be encountering are:
- Ailanthus altissima (Tree of Heaven)
- Celastrus orbiculatus (Round-leaved or Oriental Bittersweet)
- Alliaria petiolate (Garlic Mustard)
- Microstegium vimineum (Japanese Stiltgrass)
- Berberis thunbergii (Japanese Barberry)
- Eleagnus umbellata. (Autumn Olive)
- Rosa multiflora (Multiflora Rose)