Date(s) - 10/22/2020
Hudson River Cruises
About the tour
Relax and enjoy a clear view of historic Hudson River lighthouses, waterfront mansions, and other notable locations on this approximately 2-hour Sightseeing Cruise, from the decks of the Rip van Winkle II. The lightly narrated tour shows you some of the region’s most unique and fascinating locations on the Hudson River waterfront! Fall time cruises offer the added bonus of the gorgeous leaf peeping the Hudson Valley is known for. You will learn about:
• Hudson River lighthouses including the Rondout Lighthouse and the Esopus Meadows Lighthouse
• The Wyndcliff Mansion, at one time one of the most opulent and extravagant homes on the east shore of the Hudson.
• The “Dinsmore,” built in 1936 for Mr. and Mrs. Lytell Hull
• Wilderstein, a restored Victorian mansion that originally was an Italian Villa design
• The benchmark of Victorian opulence: The Vanderbilt Mansion
• The Col. Oliver Hazard Payne Mansion, one of the Hudson River Valley’s most architecturally and historically significant estates, is the home of Marist College’s Raymond A. Rich Leadership Institute.
• The Rosemont: originally known as the “Tank & Tummy” tavern when it opened in the Hudson River Valley in 1740.
• Staatsburg: formerly the home of Ogden Mills, has 65 rooms and 14 bathrooms, with an interior rich with marble fireplaces, oak paneling, and gilded ceilings.
Other highlights of your Hudson River sightseeing cruise include the Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge that connects East Kingston with Rhinebeck, the Esopus Meadows, and the impressive Mt. St. Alphonsus seminary, a castle-like seminary.
• Food and drinks are not included in the ticket price but are available for purchase on board.
Adult – $31
Senior – (65 and over) $28
Child – ( 4 – 11)$21
Infant – Free