Date(s) - 09/17/2017
4:00 pm-6:30 pm
Bring your partner/friend/lover and learn all about massage! This hands-on workshop consists of two sessions. Couples may sign up for the first session only or for both with a discount for the second session.
* Call 845-853-2400 to register. Registration is first-come first-served.
* Couples will be provided with a small bottle of unscented organic massage oil free of charge.
* Everyone must bring his or her own partner.
* Couples may sign up for the first session only or for both with a discount for the second session.
SESSION ONE – 9/17– Relaxation Massage Basics (Two and ½ hours: $150/couple)
The first session will focus on giving a massage for relaxation. It will cover important basic massage techniques, basic anatomy, contraindications to massage, and also body mechanics so the giver does not injure themself or tire out too quickly.
* Welcome – Introductions, discussions of safety, courtesy, communication, and consent (1/2 hr)
* Intro to Anatomy (where to massage and when not to)
* Basic massage techniques (and body mechanics)
SESSION TWO – 10/1– Sensual Massage for Couples (Two Hours: Both sessions for $240 save $60.)
The second session, given on October 1st, will focus on moving from relaxation to a more sensual massage experience. This will include techniques for increasing sensitivity and the intention of sensual massage for intimate partners. There will not be any direct or explicit sexual contact.
Prerequisite: Attendance at session one or at a scheduled private training session
* Brief review discussions of safety, courtesy, communication, and consent
* Brief review of basic techniques and practice
* Tapotement and vibration techniques
* Sensual Massage techniques
Chris Farrington has over 30 years of training and experience in massage therapy. He graduated from Health Choices School of Massage (1984) and has taken additional training at Kripalu School of Massage and the Hudson Valley School of Massage Therapy. He has taught public and private classes on massage therapy techniques from Rhode Island to Florida.