Date(s) - 12/07/2018
Uptown Stockade District
Uptown Kingston will be radiant with holiday cheer and free entertainment for the entire family on Friday, December 7 for the Snowflake Festival.
The annual event, hosted in conjunction with the Senate House’s Festival of Lights, brings together dazzling displays of holiday-themed entertainment, decorations, tree lighting and the arrival of Santa, and the lighting of the holiday tree. In a warm-up to the Festival, classic Victorian carolers will ring in the cheer roaming through the streets of Uptown starting at 4 pm.
The Snowflake Festival, organized by the Kingston Uptown Business Association, includes open houses hosted by Uptown businesses offering visitors treats and warm beverages.
Visitors are encouraged to explore Uptown’s charming streets as they are decorated and filled with live entertainers including magicians, horse-drawn carriages, fire torch jugglers, clowns, ice sculptures and much more.
4 PM – 6 PM
Victorian Carolers – Strolling the streets spreading holiday cheer.
6 PM – 8 PM
- Tree Lighting with Santa – Arriving on a historic ﬁre truck, Santa will light the tree on Wall & N. Front Street.
- The Iceman – Holiday ice sculptures with dancing lights, games & music. Ice “selfie” display.
- Magician – You won’t believe your eyes.
- Senate House Grounds – Meet Santa and enjoy roasted chestnuts and a holiday movie. Meet the 1st Militia Soldiers and tour the Carousel of Lights.
- The Loughran House – Tour uniquely decorated trees.
- Accordion Player – Take a step back in time.
- Petalos Floral — Grab a candy cane.
- Horse Drawn Carriage – Climb aboard the carriage and enjoy the ride.
- Volunteer Fireman’s Hall & Museum – Come in out of the cold and tour the 1857 Wiltwyck Fire Station while enjoying snowﬂake cookies & hot chocolate.
- Coldwell Banker Village Green – Offering hot beverages, cookies and balloons.
- Old Dutch Church – Enjoy holiday cookies and hot chocolate.
- Citizen’s Bank — Bee-Bee the Clown as Mrs. Claus tells holiday stories.
- Ulster Savings Bank — Face painting and balloon magic while listening to the Coach House Players.
- Carl the Clown – Giggle with surprises.
- Hamilton & Adams – Stop by for a holiday treat.
- Hudson Valley LGBTQ Community Center – Pick up a teddy bear and bells while enjoying music by Will Play & Nina Mars.
- Pardee’s Insurance – Enjoy a cup of cider.
- Uncanny Gallery – Gingerbread decorating.
- Catskill Art Supply – Portrait painting.
- Broadway Photo Booth – The fun never stops when you capture your memories.
- Kingston Candy Bar – Free popcorn, games and jelly beans. Great treats available for purchase.
- Shurute the Clown – Laugh out loud.
- Blue Cashew Kitchen Homestead – Stop by for a holiday treat
- The Heat Mizer – Watch in amazement as he “heats-up“ the streets juggling ﬁre torches on N. Front Street.
Main Stage Acts – Directly following the tree lighting ceremony:
- Ukraine Dancers
- CCE Energy Dancers
- Uptown Lowdown
- CCE POOK
- Bike Raffle Winners